inspired by: starting a food blog + end of the week laziness
After Brent surprised me with our own domain name, I had no choice: I needed to up my pretend-to-be-a-foodblogger game. My personal instagram was slowly being taken over by pictures of food, my Facebook feed was primarily new posts from food bloggers and food magazines, and I was already waking up each day brimming with plans of what recipe to cook next. And so I spent a couple nights reading about starting a food blog + food photography tips and tricks, and began.
All these months later, our first Instagram post still makes me smile. It’s nothing glamorous, but in a lot of ways it is a perfect representation of us and what we want out of this project. A place where we can share even the simplest of recipes, encourage variation, strive for affordable yet healthy cooking, and keep inspiring and challenging ourselves in the kitchen. Thanks for joining us!
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15-oz cans of beans (your choice! We used spicy chili beans and tri-blend)
- Spices (cumin, paprika, cayenne, black pepper)
- Green onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cook quinoa according to package (we usually cook 1:2 ratio (1c. quinoa, 2c. water/broth) over the stove for 20 minutes).
- Turn the stove down to low and add the spices, beans, and tomatoes. Cook until warmed through.
- Tear a tortilla down the radius (in non-math terms, from the edge to the middle). Fold one side over the other and place in a bowl. Fill ‘er up with chili, garnish with green onions and cherry tomatoes, and enjoy!